First Trial Focal...Lampwork Experiment
I started out encasing stringers...like emerald trans over sky blue...like trans red over ivory...and ink blue over pink. Then I encased the base bead in ink blue...then added the surface decor.
I'm working on the beginnings of a mini series...this is the first focal that I've made that I like.
The whole favor to the series is to create focals that I can used as pendants for seed bead rope necklaces.
The encased stringers keep the colors from getting muddy...they are a PITA to make (not hard, just takes time) but well worth the effort.
This is a flash post...I uploaded a few things on Flickr...now I've got to get busy at the torch.
Have a great day!